There is a new online tool available to help you access the historical town and the islands of Venice.
The Tours without barriers Kit, available in Italian, English and French, can be downloaded from the Comune di Venezia website.
1. Marciana Area: St. Mark's Bell Tower, Doge's Palace, the mosaics of the Basilica
2. Rialto: along the Grand Canal to discover magnificent monuments like the Goldoni Theater, the Scuola Grande di San Teodoro, the very crowded Haberdashers.
3. Santa Margherita: from the foundations of the Zattere to Carmini Church and then Campo Santa Margherita
4. Frari: Basilica of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, Campo San Rocco, the Church and the Scuola Grande
5. Santo Stefano: from Grassi Palace to the Accademia bridge, passing through Campo Santo Stefano
6. Saints John and Paul: from the “Fondamente Nove” to Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo
7. Murano: tour of some glass makers on the island.
8. Burano and Torcello: Church of San Martino, Lace Museum, Museum of Torcello, the Church of Santa Fosca and the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta.
9. Eastern Castle: walk through the tree-lined avenues of the largest green area of the city
10. Ca 'd'Oro
11. Santa Marta: the former Church of Santa Marta, the former Cotton Mill, the Church of San Sebastiano, the Church of the Angel Raphael, the former convent of the Terese and the G. Poli University Theater
12. Rialto Market