The very famous Verona Carnival is proposed this year in an extraordinary edition.
The 491st "Bacanal del Gnoco" will be in Verona starting from Sunday 11th April 2021, with a full calendar full of surprises and events that will accompany us until Sunday 11th September:
- Sunday, April 11, at 11:00 a.m. Ceremony of the laying of the statue of Papa del Gnoco.
- Saturday, April 24, at 5:00 p.m. Holy Mass at the Basilica of San Zeno with all the masks.
- from Saturday 1 to Sunday 9 May Carnival Village in Piazza San Zeno.
- Sunday, May 2, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Big party in the Carnival Village for the election of the 491st Papà del Gnoco.
- Monday, May 3, at 7:30 p.m. Coronation of the Sire of the Carnival at the Palazzo della Gran Guardia.
- Friday, May 7, from 1:45 p.m. Traditional parade of floats of "venardì gnocolar". The most colourful day of the year starts in the morning: Papà del Gnoco, accompanied by some traditional masks, will meet with the authorities. At 1:45 p.m. the historical parade starts from Corso Porta Nuova.
- Sunday, May 9th, 2:00 p.m. Historical horse ride of Can Francesco della Scala.
- Tuesday 11 May, from 7.30 p.m. Masked Grand Ball at Palazzo della Gran Guardia
- Saturday 29 May, from 8:00 p.m. Night parade of floats will be the protagonist of the city.
- Saturday 11 September, at 7:30 p.m. “Maccheronicum convivio Gnocolarum” (gnocchi tasting) in Piazza San Zeno.