Belluno's Interactive Museum of Migrations collects stories of migrations. Italians abroad and foreigners welcomed in our country, the purpose of the museum is to tell the stories of those who have left their homeland in search of work and a better life. It features video interviews, photographs, and historical documents.
The MIM is the start of a 13 leg itinerary that covers the whole province and involves the following museums:
- Civic Museum of Alano di Piave
- Ethnographic Museum in Serravalle di Cesiomaggiore:
- Museum of Man in Cansiglio Tambre d'Alpago
- “Men of Val Imperina” Center in Rivamonte Agordino
- Museum of Chairmakers in Rivamonte Agordino
- “U. Follad or” Geotechnical Mining Museum of Agordo
- Ethnographic Museum of Chairmakers in Gosaldo Agordino
- Longarone Vajont Museum in Longarone
- Ethnographic Museum of the Piave Rafters in Codissago of Castellavazzo
- Museum of Stone and Stone Masons in Castellavazzo
- The Murals of Cibiana
- Museum of Alpine Ladin Culture in Padola di Comelico
- “Algudnei” Ethnographic Museum in Dosoledo di Comelico Superiore
The MIM is hosted by the Association of Bellunesi in the World.
MIM: the Interactive Museum of Migration of Belluno tells the story of the departures and arrivals of men and women in the Belluno area.